Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: E-bay buying tips

  1. #1
    Inactive Member jessicasturm's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2005
    Posts
    923
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love e-bay and have a couple of tips of my own, but I know the members of this board are great e-bayers! Will you share some of your tips (like bid on the last day or hour to keep the price low).

    I'd love to get better.

    Jessica

  2. #2
    Inactive Member jessicasturm's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2005
    Posts
    923
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Selling tips would also be great!

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 18, 2006 11:57 AM: Message edited by: FarmhouseGirl ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MOM to JILLIAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    684
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree, bidding early just makes the price go up. I'm a last minute bidder for sure.

    Use the My eBay feature and save Favorite Searches. eBay will even e-mail you when these items are listed if you select this option.

    Do your homework. Check ended listings for the item you want to see how much it has sold for in the past.

    Don't forget to check the eBay Stores for Buy it Now items. Just because you do a search for a item does not mean that the eBay Store items will come up. At the bottom of the listing page there will be an option to Search eBay Stores for other Buy it Now Items. I've found some great items at cheap Buy it Now prices in the eBay Store section that went for SUPER HIGH during a bidding war.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member gritsmommyof5's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2004
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for all the suggestions. I also collect Precious Moments and have found my best deals in E-Bay stores.

    I would love to know how everyone "words" their searches for AG items.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member GillyGals.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2006
    Posts
    99
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ana offers up great advice.. bid at the last (no need to drive the price up needlessly) and keep yer peepers open!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Angie

  6. #6
    Inactive Member tatabatata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2005
    Posts
    595
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just my five [img]graemlins/money.gif[/img]

    - Ask, ask, ask! Better pest than sorry!
    - Do not bid till the last moment. This way you don't get into bidding wars that only bring prices up to the clouds.
    - Pay close attention to Buy-it-Nows. That is where I've found my best deals.
    - Look at lots. Quite often they have treasure among trash!

    Now for selling:
    - You are better off over explaining than having a misunderstanding. State the obvious if you have to.
    - Be creative with the title, but stay within ebay rules.
    - Do your homework before listing (average sale prices, most "catchy" titles, important things to add in the description.
    - Check for potential buyer inquiries at least daily.

    Hope this helps!

    Ana [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

    P.S.: and spell check your listings... not like I just did with this posting... sigh!

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 18, 2006 12:33 PM: Message edited by: henna1 ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •